At Christies Beach, we patrol our beach from October through to the end of March from 12:00 – 5:00pm.
Our patrolling members are purely made up from volunteer members who have gained awards suitable to be able to be a member of a SLSSA (Surf Life Saving Association South Australia) patrol. A majority of our patrolling members are Bronze medallion award holders, but some of our patrolling members are also SRC holders (Surf Rescue Certificate), First aiders, ARTC award (Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate) holders and radio officers.
Surf Life Saving SA provides patrol services to the general community through a variety of means including but not limited to:
Patrols provided by the 18 affiliated Surf Life Saving Clubs
- Weekend Beach Patrols and IRB services
- Lifesaver Jet Rescue Boats
- RWC’s (Rescue Jet Ski Group)
- 24 hour Emergency Response Group
- Paid Lifeguard Services provided to Councils and other groups