Becoming a Member
Welcome to Christies Beach Surf Lifesaving Club. It is great that you are interested in becoming a member and getting involved in the movement that truly makes a difference. There are so many options for all ages and abilities to get involved in life saving, if you are 5 or 95 there is something that will suit you.
- Nippers is a great way to introduce children to Surf Life Saving providing activities and learning opportunities for children 5 to 13 in a fun and friendly environment.
- Cadets are 13-15 years of age and are able to train to complete the Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC). This is their first step to becoming a patrolling Surf Lifesaver.
- From 15 – 18 you are eligible to train for your bronze medallion and commence patrolling. Once you have this qualification there are additional opportunities for competition and use of surf craft.
- As an adult there are many ways in which you can get involved as a surf life saving volunteer, from being an active patrol member saving lives on the beach, to being an age manager for the nippers or volunteering around the club with administration or other behind the scenes activities that ensure everything runs smoothly.
I want to join!
The Surf Life Saving Portal is a one-stop shop for all the organization’s member’s online needs and in 5 simple steps you can join the Christies Beach Surf Life Saving Club
Step 1 –
Follow the following link to the join using the online Surf Life Saving Portal
If you have been a member of any Surf Life Saving Club, previously click YES or if you have never been a member click NO.
Step 2 – Registering with Lifesaving online
- Follow the online screen prompts to register.
- You will need a valid email address and a mobile phone number to register.
- As a new member you will be asked to nominate the Club and if you want to join an individual or a family.
Step 3 – Confirming your registration
- You will be sent a confirmation email or SMS message to confirm your registration
Step 4 – Entering your details (new members) or confirming your details (renewing members)
You are almost there!
- Enter the confirmation code you were sent
- Always join Parents or guardians first if you are joining a Nipper or as a Family membership. NB: all Nippers need an adult member to join with them.
- New members fill in all your details as prompted, and returning members will check that the details are still current.
- Please complete all compulsory questions that have red borders and as much other information as you can.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page if you need to join another family member.
Step 5 – Paying for your membership
Well done, last step!
- Payment of fees can be completed in the payment gateway.
- Click on Membership, Renewals, Payments and Transfers to access the gateway.
- Review the below fees to determine which best suits your situation.
- If you are eligible for an SA Sports Voucher or would like to discuss payment by installment, email join.ChristiesBeachSLSC@gmail.com after creating your member’s account.
If you are having difficulties the online manual can assist you in the joining or renewal process
If you have queries about membership email join.ChristiesBeachSLSC@gmail.com
2021/2022 Season Membership Fees
Active Member over 18 years $180
Under 18 Membership includes $180
Junior Activity Member 5-13 *
Cadet 13-15 years*
Active 15-18 years*
Family Membership $300
Family is defined as 2 Adults and dependent under 25 years living at the same address.
Associate (Social) Membership $50
*All registration categories where one or more members are under 18 requires the registration of a parent / guardian / related adult (e.g. over 18 sibling living at the same address)
Gym Use Available to active members* with full membership over 16 years (NB: under 18 years must be supervised ).
While there is no Gym Usage Fee we have introduced a Gym Maintenance Fee payable to support the maintenance and purchase of new equipment as well as cleaning.
Christies Beach SLSC is registered for the SA Sports Vouchers for each eligible primary school age child. Please see SA Sports Voucher Website for conditions
How much will it cost if I have a child or children eligible for a sports voucher?
Active Member under 18* + (with eligibility for a SA sports Voucher) $80
Family Membership* + (with 1 SA Sports vouchers) $200
Family Membership* (with 2 SA Sports vouchers) $100
Family Membership* (with 3 SA Sports vouchers) $0
Registration period is 1st July 2021 to the 30th June 2022. Payment of Registration for renewing members must be completed by 30th November, 2021. All membership prices are subject to change and review of the Management Committee/ Directors and additional levies may apply.
Payment of registration by installment is available by arrangement. Please contact the registrar by emailing join.ChristiesBeachSLSC@gmail.com
Payment of fees can be made by SLS Portal (preferred), Team App, Cash, EFTPOS or through.